The OEBS is a non-profit organization dedicated to protecting and increasing the number of bluebirds in Ontario.
We can be reached in the following ways:
- Email: Ontario Eastern Bluebird Society
- Regular mail: Ontario Eastern Bluebird Society, 24 Brant Place, Cambridge, ON N1S 2V8
- Telephone or text: Bill Read (519) 572-3633
Join the Ontario Eastern Bluebird Society
Download and read our newsletters.
The name of the organization shall be the “Ontario Eastern Bluebird Society”, also referred to as “OEBS”
The objectives of OEBS are:
- To increase the number of managed nest box trails in Ontario.
- To give expertise or guidance to new nest box trail operators.
- To monitor population trends from year to year by surveying the number of fledged young from nest boxes.
- To further our knowledge of Eastern Bluebirds in Ontario.
- To provide a forum for exchanges of ideas through meetings and newsletters
The business of the society shall be carried out without purpose of gain for its members; any profits or other gains to the sc shall be used in promoting and furthering its objectives and activities. A director shall serve as such and in any capacity as without remuneration, and no director shall directly or indirectly receive any profit from the position of director or officer that a director may be paid reasonable expenses incurred in the performance of the duties of a director or officer.
The OEBS Board of Directors
- Bill Read – President and Founder
- Lane Henderson – Treasurer/ Membership Secretary
- Karen Tufford Brehn – Recording Secretary
- Stewart McLellan – Director at Large – Chair of Election Committee
- Helen Toner – Conservation Director
- Sarah Sharp – Social Media Director
- Chris Mouriopolous – Director at Large
- Brad Clements – Director at Large
- Mary Anne Rose – Director at Large
- Carly Davenport – Director at Large
You can view our 2021 AGM meeting on YouTube